This post may put me in a bad light, but I can't care about that - if I can get a message out there to the people who need it!
What do you think would happen if you:
- a) Changed your house key, randomly, for another you found?
- b) Changed your car key for another one?
- c) Deleted your Google Account?
I could go on, but suffice to say, I'm sure you get the picture. You wouldn't be able to get into your house, car, or, more importantly, your blog!
One blogger's tale of woe, along the same lines, was -
"I switched email accounts and now I can't access my blog, how can I change this?"
I couldn't say what my immediate thoughts were. There are so many bloggers out there who really need to learn about Blogger Help. Many ask no 'How Do I' questions before 'doing', and they end up having to plead for assistance, when its, most times, too late.
A blog isn't a shopping list which can be changed with a pencil stroke. There are set rules in place which, unlike road rules, have to be followed. There's no winking at the police officer, or pleading innocence at court (thank goodness). You either get it right the first time, or who knows what may happen?
Other often-seen questions for which Blogger Help has answers, are -
- "The time on my blog isn't right. How do I fix that?"
- "I saw a blog with the URL I want. Can I have it?"
- "I would like to use Afrikaans Language in my posts. How do I?"
- "How do I add a photo to my blog?"
Your blog is attached to your Google Account!
- that Google Account could be attached to your Gmail, or other Google product - or another company's email, such as Yahoo. It depends what you used to create it.
If you delete the Account - you delete your blog!
Switching a blog from one email account (Google Account), to another, is called Transferring Ownership, and is so easy, as to be a two, or three minute job. The only problems which may be encountered, are possibly, that a) Blogger may have technical problems (which doesn't happen very often), or b) You don't follow the guidelines (rules). Even good old Blogger Help also clarifies the method of moving a blog between accounts.
I have many blogs, so it is an occasional event, for me, to move a blog between accounts. I assure you, that when done properly, there are NO hurdles in place!