Since Follower was introduced, many bloggers, and readers in general, have started Following blogs, rather than, or in addition to, subscribing to that blog. There is a difference, too!
But, as much as I am a Follower of many blogs, and have my own reasons for it, I often ask; "Why do people Follow certain blogs? Is it because they like the content, or is it for some other reason?"
The reasons I Follow blogs are:
- The content of the posts is interesting to me. I enjoy reading it.
- I like the style of writing used. Sometimes, it is humorous and amusing.
- Sometimes, it is the set-up of the blog, itself. I like to see what others are doing - technically.
- I Follow a blog because I can learn something.
- I Follow blogs because they have technical information which I will use, time and time again.
- I Follow other blogs because I hope people will find my blog(s) interesting, too, and Follow in return.
- I Follow blogs to see who is Following them. That's one way I find Great Blogs to Follow, myself!
- I use Follower like a Bookmark.
It is also essential that you know who is Following you, publicly.
That's about it, as far as my reasons for Following a blog are concerned. Why do you Follow a blog?